top of page

What are the taxes that self-employed people have to pay?

Self-employed people should be aware that they must pay all of their own Social Security & Medicare taxes (known as self-employment or SE taxes) on the profits from their businesses and New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax (GRT) on their business sales. 

Chart demonstrating the taxes that elf-employer people living in New Mexico are responsible for
bottom of page